Besvarat

Slow speed on broadband

• 14 May 2020
  • 8 svar
  • 312 visningar

Hi, I would like to know what speed should I expect of this network. I am getting a constant 1.3Mbps... it feels like dial-up.

I was "lucky" today to see above 2 Mbps...but still.

icon

Bäst svar av Pettersson 18 May 2020, 23:58

Visa original

8 svar

Användarnivå 7
Emblem +40

Hi,

the speed is affected by many things - how many users are in your area, where you are in relation to the cell tower etc. But your speed is not good, and you should be able to get higher speeds. 

Have you tried to do a Speedtest on another place or another time? Do you still get the same speeds? When you use the Speedtest app, please select “Hi3G Access” as the server as well, to minimize other factors. 

Hi, thank you for the reply. Yes i did test at different times and places and got similar results.

Användarnivå 7
Emblem +40

@Cristian Great that you have tested at different places! Which phone do you use?

Hi,

I have a Motorola G6 plus.

I tested again at various times through the day and I see both extremes, see the picture attached.

Regards,

Cristian

Användarnivå 7
Emblem +40

@Cristian Thanks for the screenshot!

First I’d like you to try to reset your phones network settings. This is done in Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset and then follow the prompts. Please note that all saved WiFi-networks also will be deleted. When this is done, please try to test your speed again. 

If it did not help: do you know if you would have the possibility to test another phone with Three at the same places - alternatively your sim card in another phone? Just to see if the it is a problem with the network or something with your phone. 

I know that it might seem a bit cumbersome, but it is to understand why you are getting speeds those speeds.

Hi,

I did the settings reset, as advised. I don't notice any notable change. The download speed is now at 18 Mbps.

Användarnivå 7
Emblem +40

@Cristian Great that you’ve tried the reset! Do you have the possibility to test your sim card in another phone or another SIM card in your phone? If you don’t have the possibility you can also visit a 3Store and ask them for help there. As I mentioned earlier, this step is just to make sure that theres nothing wrong with your phone or network. 

Hi,

Now I can see an improvement in speed. We can consider the case closed for now.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Cristian

Svara