Fråga

Squaretrade - Replacement Mobile Phone not receiving Samsung updates

• 22 February 2023
  • 7 svar
  • 144 visningar

About 1 ½ years ago my Tre Samsung mobile phone was stolen. Luckily I had Tre insurance on the phone and after reporting the lost phone to Tre they asked me to contact their insurance company Squaretrade. After filling out all the necessary forms etc Squaretrade agreed to send me a replacement Samsung phone. I ordered a new SIM from Tre put it in the replacement phone and have been using it without problems until now.

I had reason to look at the Android and security update versions on the phone earlier this week and found out that it hadn’t had received any OTA updates since the day I got it. I should be on Android 12 and have received security updates during 2022 but nothing has been OTA delivered.  Is there a step that I missed or was not informed about when I got the replacement phone? Should I have provided Tre with the IMEI of the replacement phone for example? What do I need to do now?  

7 svar

Användarnivå 6
Emblem +40

Hello 🙂, @Nickt 

If you don't get an update if you go via this path ->

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
  1. Tap System at the bottom of the screen followed by System Update.
  1. The update status is displayed. Follow any on-screen instructions. Sometimes a reminder to update, or that there is a credit, should also appear.

It is good to also update apps in "Google Play / Android Market".

What model of samsung phone is it ?

Hope it will work for you this steps ! 😉

Best Regards /F

I have a Samsung  Galaxy  S10 and know my way around the Android system well. Have tried system update options and updated all apps via Google Play..

/N

Användarnivå 6
Emblem +40

And what version are you on more specific ?

Does it not work to update OS / apps , or can u tell more about the problem .

/F

The version running is from 2021 Android 10 

No problem getting app updates via Google Play.

Only a problem with not getting Android and Security updates

I think the Phone Squaretrade sent me as a replacement was originally meant for a market outside of Sweden. Possibly UK, Baltic States or Rumania. 

Användarnivå 6
Emblem +40

It sounds wierd . But check this things and se if it help . 

Try to update from a pc . Otherwise contact Samsung support About why you cant push for a android update . 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

https://www.samsung.com/se/smartphones/galaxy-s10/specs/

/ F 

Thanks, but I’d already tried to update via Smartswitch but even that didn’t work. Should I approach my carrier (3) about this or Samsung? After all isn’t the carrier sending out software updates.

Användarnivå 6
Emblem +40

But your mobile appeared in the smartswitch program and shows that it is updated and in which version? Also model name/number .

Okay then, I'm in. I would contact Samsung support. Then probably operators will refer there as well. When you have already tried those steps without success.
It is the brands themselves that send out updates to their phones. In this case Samsung.

(You can also test )

(Be sure that its a sync cable also , If the program dont recognize . You may test with another . Often their old brand of cable that is recieved in delivery of phone.

1. Try a “Soft reset” .
  2. Synkronisera to samsungs smartswitch app and do a backup OS. 
  3. And then reinstall it again.

Or a hard reset. But then all of your files is being deleted . So good to backup first .

If nothing of this things work . I would recomended you to concatc 3 Support / Insurance company.

/F

Svara