Besvarat

remove SIM unlock code?

• 10 February 2020
  • 2 svar
  • 635 visningar

Is it possible to remove the four digit unlock code requirement from my SIM card? Every time I need to restart my modem, I need to sign into the modem, then enter in the SIM pin again. It's really annoying because this modem sucks, and it regularly seems to drop the connection, requiring me to restart it at least a few times a day. But it was also the only one I could find that has an Ethernet port on it for under 3,000kr. (Netgear LB2120). And now, the modem was trying to do an update of its software and restarted, and I think that it's bricked! I've tried rebooting it a few times, but the orange power light just keeps flashing, and there's only one green light in the middle of the signal strength meter that stays on. Please, help! For the love of all that is good and pure, someone please end my nightmarish life of constant tech torture! Have been struggling for over 6 months just to get a decent broadband internet connection in my home, and even after switching service providers, the battle rages on! Can't I just get a SIM card without a PIN code that I need to enter in every time the modem is rebooted? Is that asking too much? Is it asking too much to have a stable broadband mobile internet connection in my home that doesn't drop out several times a day, thus requiring me to do the 'reboot and jump through flaming hoops' act several times a day just to get it working again? Is there some unseen, malevolent deity that I've somehow offended and that my life has been cursed by it as a result? Does anyone else in this world constantly suffer from the use of malfunctioning, unreliable technology the way that I do? Will it never end? Must I become Amish to escape this hell?

Seriously, though, how the hell do I remove the PIN unlock requirement from this cursed SIM card?!?!

Thank you for your response, and your merciful, compassionate assistance in easing my suffering!

icon

Bäst svar av TechTortured 11 February 2020, 17:23

Visa original

2 svar

Well, no thanks to the "Tre Community". I got tired of waiting and solved this by calling and talking to someone at 3 Kundservice. They told me, if I put the SIM card in my phone, I can remove the unlock code from it. I have a Pixel 2, and this setting can be found in Settings app > Security & Location > SIM card lock.

Användarnivå 7
Emblem +36

Hello @TechTortured, and welcome! :grin:

Happy to hear that the problem was solved! Sorry that we didn’t answer you as fast as you’d hoped for.

Svara